1) I cloned clojure-contrib from github.

git clone git://github.com/richhickey/clojure-contrib.git

Completed successfully.

2) Then, I installed maven and in the clojure-contrib sub-directory
entered this command
mvn package.

Completed without errors.

3) When I look for clojure-contrib.jar in the target directory, it's
not there. The library files are under target.

Here is the top of the target directory listing:

target
target/classes
target/classes/clojure
target/classes/clojure/contrib

The only newly created jar file I can find is in the newly created .m2
directory under my home directory:
~/.m2/repository/com/theoryinpractise/clojure-maven-plugin/1.3.2/
clojure-maven-plugin-1.3.2.jar

Is this the clojure-contrib.jar file? If not what is the command to
package up the individual .clj files that were unpacked?

Many thanks.
cmn