> It may be that I am really talking about the website (clojure.org, not
> any of the auxiliary ones, which are a bit of a mess in themselves)
> more than the language itself.  If people receive the \right
> instructions, setting up Emacs/Leiningen/Web servers etc. is actually
> not so hard.  The trouble is that all of this information is currently
> scattered to the four winds (I include things like the Paredit cheat
> sheet, Slime commands, which Emacs to use, etc.), and I don't think we
> should rely on users to pull this information together themselves----
> and at any rate, why should they?

"Getting Started" documentation is bound to be a high churn area. Here are
things you can do to help:

(1) Edit and improve the official docs:
http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started

(2) Link to the official docs, and help us do the same. clojure.org has a
slower update process than the dev site (by design!) but if there is something
wrong, or a place where it needs to link out, please let us know!

(3) Encourage people who wrote a blog post 18 months ago that is now filled
with misinformation (as things have moved on) to go back and add a link to the
official docs.

There are now almost 300 signatories to the contributor agreement, and any of
them can update dev.clojure.org without any review process. This should be
plenty of horizontal scaling to keep documentation (even high-churn
documentation) accurate.

Thanks to everyone who is helping out!

Stu

Stuart Halloway