Is there a way to have multiple instances of Slime installed in Emacs in the
same time?

The problem I have is that there is official Slime git repository, and that
slime is used by all Common Lisp implementation.

Then there is slime used by swank-clojure, which is more than a year old
slime snapshot. Swank clojure is not fully compatible with official Slime.
It appears to work, but has some annoyances. Swank-clojure explicitly stated
that he has no time to chase changes in official slime git repo, and this is
a valid choice.

There are also third slime, required by ritz (former swank-clj) which I
didn't try (yet), but docs on ritz page says it is not compatible with the
swank-clojure version.

The question is is there a way to separate those slime instances/installs
somehow that I can use, for example SBCL with official slime and clojure
with swank-clojure slime at the same time?

It is a bit annoying to have to restart emacs, mess with load-path and
having to require correct slime version each time when switching between CL
and Clojure/

Regards,
Marko