> I love Clojure ,but Clojure sucks a lot of memory  and that frustrates
> me !
> I am looking forward to find a way to put mutability in my code the
> same way i put immutable data structures.
> For example imagine ~[ 1 2 3 4 ] to be mutable vector and every
> semicolon that have this ~ in front to be mutable.
>
> But I dont know from where to start , can you give me some tips ?
> Maybe i will create a fork of the compiler
> or a binding library based on java collection API
>
> I know that developers of the compiler will not like it .
> However if we succeed , then there is a future  of clojure in androids
> and desktop aplication !

A big thing that will help Android is build profiles [1]. In particular, we
need a lean-and-mean build profile that eliminates source code and metadata
entirely. And then, inevitably, some way to whitelist in metadata that is
required by the application. (Clojure's own use of metadata isn't required at
runtime, but who knows what other consumers of metadata may need or expect.)

This problem needs more design work before coding begins. (Maybe I should add
the preceding statement to my sig...)

Stu

Stuart Halloway
Clojure/core