On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it just a case of "ooh, shiny! Google released a new toy!" or is
> there actually some tangible useful benefit to a developer being on
> G+?

Not to get too far OT here, but I think there's definitely _potential_.

I organize my social networks the same way you do: twitter for the
programming community at large, and Facebook for family/friends (I
have LinkedIn as well, but rarely bother with that).

G+ could potentially eliminate the need for two separate networks, and
consolidate the "programming community" and "personal" into one single
network organized by circles.

Even within Facebook... there may be something that I want to share
with friends, but I don't necessarily want my Mom to see. G+ would
handle that nicely, by letting me share something with everybody in
the circle that's called, "People who are not my Mom".

Obviously the big question is going to be whether or not everybody
else migrates over to it... and I do agree that right now there's the
shiny novelty factor, but I do think it has potential to be a
legitimate and efficient one-stop-shop for social networking amongst a
variety of social groups.

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com/

I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love
my wife. And I wish you my kind of success.