So I've hit an issue with the ClojureScript compiler memory
requirements several times now. The command line arguments in use for
both the compiler and the repl are thus:

-Xmx2G -Xms2G -Xmn256m

So basically this requires 2GB of memory right off the bat to even run
the compiler. Now I'm not interested in a discussion of the memory
usage of Clojure, we all know it's a bit more memory intensive than C
or plain Java, and that's not my point. My question is, is this 2GB
really needed? On Windows boxes, and perhaps some Linux Machines, this
is not 2GB of virtual memory, but actually 2GB of read RAM. So my main
workstation, which has 4GB of ram will fail to run this compiler if I
have too many programs open. So I thought I'd try this in a VM....but
my VM needs to have at least 2GB of RAM?

As a test, I removed these options from the command line scripts and a
simple "hello world" compiled fine...so I'm not sure what the issue
is.

Any thoughts on all this?

Thanks,

Timothy

--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination