On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Sam Aaron <samaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, something like the following doesn't work:
>
> (defn binding-vec [foos]
>  `(vec (interleave ~names ~(take (count names) (repeat '`(count ~foos))))))
>
> A, because the above code is probably incorrect (I just cobbled it together
> for the example) and more importantly:
> B, because the code doesn't return a vec, it returns code that returns a vec.
>
> I really seem to be getting my brain in a knot over this. :-( Any
> illumination would be really appreciated

Why not just (vec (interleave names (take (count names) (repeat
`(count ~foos)))))?

Of course I assume you eventually want something more complex than
just (count foos) as the value for every variable, or why have more
than one variable?

--
Protege: What is this seething mass of parentheses?!
Master: Your father's Lisp REPL. This is the language of a true