On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Steve Miner <stevemi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2011, at 8:20 PM, Alex Miller wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if there are any enhancements in the 1.3 record support
>> for this feature.
>

> In 1.3beta2, the record class has a static method getBasis that will give you
> the fields.  I remember Fogus mentioning this on the mailing list.  The
> design notes [1] say "These methods should not be used in Clojure code" as
> they're intended for tool support, but they seem generally useful to me.

In a Lisp, anything useful for "tool support" and accessible from
inside the language tends to be useful sometimes in macros as well;
perhaps macros need to be considered part of "tool support" for a
Lisp. After all, they are used to extend and metaprogram the language.

--
Protege: What is this seething mass of parentheses?!
Master: Your father's Lisp REPL. This is the language of a true