On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Eric Lavigne <lavigne.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm
>> also a Mac user and probably in home all this howto will work, but in
>> company where we all are using Windows there is no chance to get it
>> working easily.
>
> There are people at your workplace who program in Clojure, or who are
> willing to try it, but aren't willing to try developing on Linux or
> Mac? This surprises me.

If all they have are Windows PCs, they'd have to buy a whole
additional machine to develop on Mac. It's one thing to get coders to
experiment and quite another to get management to release several
hundred dollars of funds to support that experiment.

The same almost goes for Linux. The sole alternative to an additional
machine in that case is to perform major surgery on an existing one,
involving a hard drive repartitioning. The coders that are willing to
experiment and the IT admins with the root passwords for the PCs may
not be the same people, and no repartitioning and dual-boot OS
installs would take place without the cooperation of the latter.

--
Protege: What is this seething mass of parentheses?!
Master: Your father's Lisp REPL. This is the language of a true