Hi,

First shot of tools.trace is now available on github:

http://github.com/clojure/tools.trace

As for the traceforms macro, you will notice that when an exception is trapped,
I recompose
an new exception with the necessary form traceback information instead of using
print.
The main reason is that I want the form traceback to stay close to the
exception message.
Otherwise if you run several threads writing to stdout, you may end up with
split
outputs on standard output (the exception message in one spot and the form
traceback elsewhere)

Comments/suggestions are welcomed.

The README.MD is on its way and I still need to review the code to see if they
are
remaining rough edges. Nothing beats a paper output and a coffee...

I expect to work on the build process next week-end and get the first version
out next week.

Time to go to bed, my eyes are now useless ...

Luc P.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:46:12 +0200
Jonathan Fischer Friberg <odysso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at it today and have updated the macro.
> (same gist: https://gist.github.com/1209498)
>
> Additions:
> It detects if a form contains (recur ...), and if it does,
> the form isn't wrapped in (try ...).
>
> trace vectors, maps, and sets.
>
> trace (fn* ...) & (new ...)
>
> ---
>
> The code feels a bit "thrown together" right now, if anyone would
> like to take a look,
> that would be great.
>
> ---
>
> To Marczyk:
> Sure, where to?
>
> Jonathan
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Michał Marczyk
> <michal.marc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Oh, that's a nice idea! Definitely looks like a worthy addition to
> > the trace lib.
> >
> > I believe the process around contributions to contrib involves a CA,
> > though; Jonathan: do you have one in place? Any chance you might be
> > convinced to submit one if not? :-)
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Michał
> >
> > --