On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant <
abonnaireserge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:31 AM, David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> - return nil instead of throwing if no match found to mirror the behavior
>> of cond
>>

> I don't like this.

I'm definitely open to talking about it. Strong opinions appreciated :)

> Why are we emulating cond? clojure.core/case, for example, seems closer to
> what `match` provides,
> and that throws an IllegalArgumentException if there is no match.
>
> Seems arbitrary to me.
>
> Is there more to it?
>
> Thanks,
> Ambrose

A good point. I'm mostly thinking about user friendliness here. I'm also OK
w/ the idea of providing two versions of match - one w/ verbose error
reporting that throws and perhaps the default one that doesn't

David