Sorry I didn't copy my perspective over here from clojure-dev as someone
who's been working as a JavaScript dev for the past 6 years
-----

The proposed change is not optimal and I think it clashes with the realities
of JavaScript interop.

(.property foo)

Currently gives us a notion of "place", that means we can set it:

(set! (.property foo) "bar")

This convention is quite common in many JavaScript APIs, for example pretty
everything in the browser:

(set! (.id foo) "my-css-id"))
(set! (.fillStyle ctxt) "rgb(255, 150, 0)")

Now compare to the proposed change:

(set! (. foo :id) "my-css-id"))
(set! (. ctxt :fillStyle) "rgb(255, 150, 0)")

I don't see any win. Any proposed change should account for the fact that
getters / setters are not a convention in JS and many, many APIs expect
direct field access.

David