I've started work on a library for amqp messaging in
clojure: https://github.com/mrh0057/clj-amqp.  The library matches pretty close
to the rabbitmq java library.  I didn't port over the consume and wait
functionality from the rabbitmq library because I can't think of a use case for
clojure.

Is there anything I should look at for creating a dsl for distributed
messaging?
Is there a better way for dealing with optional arguments when its key/val
pairs than (apply hash-map opts)?

Matt Hoyt