> Luc, what you're saying sounds to me like "this is the way it is so
> deal with it". Can you give me some concrete code snippets showing why
> it's better to box ints as Longs? Do you really think the following is
> at all intuitive?
>
> user=> (class (Integer/parseInt "1"))
> java.lang.Long
> user=> (class (Integer/valueOf "1"))
> java.lang.Integer
>

> -Nathan

If you box Ints and Longs separately then collection keys stop working, as I
said at the start of this thread.

There is no such thing as intuitive. The behavior above follows from a clear
rule that can be followed locally in all cases. What you propose, in addition
to breaking collections, requires more contextual reasoning to understand code
in a bunch of scenarios.

Could we meet on IRC and discuss this later today? Feel like we are going in
circles.

Stu