On Friday, November 4, 2011 9:16:08 PM UTC-4, Fogus wrote:

> At this point it would be great if a Conj-planning heavyweight could
> step in and provide some additional ideas... although solutions would
> be great too.  :-)

Oh, I guess that's me.

See the
floorplan<http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/meetings/overview_map.html?propertyID=434>for
 reference.

We have the Oak Forest ballroom until midnight on Thursday and Friday and
until 5pm on Saturday. This room holds 300 people. Since this is the main
conference room, we would need it back in the same setup when the room is
locked up at midnight that we need it when it is unlocked the next morning.

We have the Atrium area, which is setup to hold around 50 people at round
tables, until midnight on Thursday and Friday and noon on Saturday. This is
designated as our "game area." So, Go should definitely be happening here.
This is an open area, and will feel more publicly accessible, passersby
will possibly stop to see what's going on if it looks interesting.

We have the Presidents Boardroom until midnight on Thursday and Friday and
6pm on Saturday. This is a small room that can hold about 20. So, smaller
groups should use this room.

There are also smaller public spaces round the ballroom where people could
meet up for some organized hack sessions, etc.

But, keep in mind that things are pretty heavily scheduled during this time
as well. The plan is to have lightning talks in the ballroom on Thursday
evening. Of course, many of those can be combined with the planning that's
happening here. And Friday night, we have the party at the ArtSpace.

Beyond that ... Chas said something about using his room when I mentioned I
was wondering when and where all of these things were going to take place.
I'm going to have to assume everyone that wants to organize some kind of
activity is willing to do something similar. :)