On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Carl Cotner <carl.cot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In general, I agree that it's annoying to continue seeing certain words
> used over and over. But the use of the word "idiomatic" in particularseems to
> be very idiomatic in the Clojure community, so I don't mind it.
>
> :-)
>

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:16 PM, thenwithexpandedwingshesteershisflight <
> mathn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can we please get bored of saying "idiomatic" and "in particular"
>> please ?

I don't want to take this topic (or myself) too seriously, but the word
"idiomatic" is a clear and well understood word among programmers.  It's
useful and specific.  I come from a perl background, where "there is more
than one way to do it", but despite the many ways to do it, there was
idiomatic perl on the one hand, and everything else on the other.  It's
useful for me to ask, when I'm learning a new language, "How would this be
written in idiomatic befunge?"

I'll keep the word idiomatic, just as I'll keep the overused word "word".
I'll promise not to overuse it, and I'll try not to use it incorrectly.

>  --

*Off the Beaten Path in Technology
http://otbeatenpath.wordpress.com
*