In Clojure in Action (still in MEAP i think) there's a chapter about
using (Erlang/OTP-based) RabbitMQ message queue server for making
Clojure scalable in a Hadoopish map-reduce-way.

Avout seems to solve many of the problems that easily could occur in
such an approach by not needing a centralized "reduce server" for every
calculation.

Another similar way of solving problems of concurrency seems to be
Operational Transformation, which is used in many Google products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_transformation

Otherwise +1 for Erlang.

/Linus