> Very, very cool. Is this just sugar for map pattern matching?

I use only vector matching. When I define a datatype, for instance:

(defdatatype ::Type Constant (Expr x y))

I create symbols Constant, with value ::Constant and Expr with value (fn [x
y] [::Expr x y]). That way I can use the symbols as functions and constants
in the action part and, via translation of the patterns, in the pattern
rows.

I'd like to fully support types/records as they provide significant
> performance benefits. Probably won't happen in the near, near future -
> unless of course somebody wants to take a stab at it :)

I considered the idea to define, inspired with your example with dates, a
class for each type, but I preferred to try first a simpler implementation
using vectors.

Juan Manuel