For some reason I never saw either my first post nor your answer to it.  It
was my first post to the group, so I thought maybe it had been swallowed up
(maybe the moderators had to approve my membership before I could post or
something), so after waiting a day, I posted again.

And...not 5 minutes after posting this second one, I saw the difference.
The one that works is a def, and my version is a defn, whoops.  So of
course to use mine I'd have to say (take 7
(fib-seq-used-to-fail-but-works-great-now)).  And all my lazy-seqs
everywhere are working now, hooray.

Thanks,
-Tom