> Yes, but what exactly are these "unification binding, subst, and
> unification functions"?

This is information that seems a bit odd to include in a set of
release notes, but I suppose a link to where such information could be
found is warranted.

> In other words, I'm a developer. I have some concrete problems. Which
> of those can this library help solve, and how?

I have no idea what kinds of problems you're trying to solve.

> Unfortunately, the description you provided seems to use solution
> domain language only, not problem domain. Someone who doesn't know
> what this unification stuff is all about won't have any idea whether
> or how this library might be useful to them.

This is a 0.5.2 set of release notes meant as information for people
currently using the library.  If you want more information on
unification then you'll need to wait until a later release.  Google
also helps too. :-)