The syntax for this is atrocious in Java and the mechanism is in
general rarely useful; I wouldn't be surprised if there's no non-hacky
way to do this in Clojure. fooInstance.new Bar() is the construct
you're talking about, right? My best guess would be that you just use
the inner class's "real" (JVM-level) name, and pass it an instance of
the outer class as its first argument. Something like (new Foo$Bar foo-
instance), perhaps, but frankly that's a guess.