On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Nicolas Garcin
<nicolas.etienne.gar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to functional programming and Clojure and I'm trying to
> translate a simple java program into Clojure. My program must build
> from 2 input lists (stored in a vector) 2 output lists (also stored in
> a vector) which have same number of elements as input lists for both
> output lists. The elements' values of the output lists will be the
> result of a very simple arithmetical calculation based on input lists'
> elements.
> Since my java program iterates on lists, I wanted to use a 'higher
> order function' in the Clojure version of the program (like the 'map'
> function). But I didn't manage to write the equivalent program in
> Clojure.
> Could someone please help me?
> Below is the java program that I'd like to translate.

Translating Java code is not a very good idea. Implementing an
algorithm is a much better approach.

If you could explain exactly what needs to be done as opposed to how,
I could pitch in with my Clojure solution.

Just explaining what `match` is supposed to do should suffice.

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose