On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 17:47,  <labwor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a few issues. What do the following warnings mean and what should I
> do about them?

Did you read them?

"*default-encoding* not declared dynamic and thus is not dynamically rebindable"

;; wont' work:
(binding [*default-encoding* some-value]
  (do-something-that-uses *default-encoding*))

"but it's name suggests otherwise"

*ear-muffs* are lisp convention for dynamically bindable
global variable names. Using that convention is misleading
if the variable isn't actually dynamically bindable.

"Please either indicate ^:dynamic *buffer-size*"

(def ^:dynamic *buffer-size ...)

Starting with Clojure 1.3, you need to declare when a variable should
be dynamically bindable. This is because performance is better for
vars that are not dynamically bindable, so you are encouraged to use
^:dynamic only where it's actually needed.

"or change the name."

If you're not (binding [...]) the var in question rename it.

// Ben