Ambert Ho <amber...@gmail.com> writes:

> So I bought a couple of books on Clojure and one of them tells me to
> use Lein, the other tells me to download from github.
>
> - in lein repl, (clojure-version) gives me '1.2'
> - in the github d/l'd version, (clojure-version) gives me '1.4'
>
> I googled a bit, and when I type 'lein' I don't see anything about
> upgrading clojures version.

If you run inside a project (generated with "lein new") then it will use
whatever version of Clojure the project specifies. You can't change the
version of "lein repl" outside a project though; it has to use whatever
version Leiningen uses. Leiningen is mostly centered around project
automation, so mostly you work inside the context of projects.

-Phil