I have released nREPL 0.2.0-beta1, which should show up in Maven central soon.

For those that don't know, nREPL is "a Clojure network REPL that provides a
REPL server and client, along with some common APIs of use to IDEs and other
tools that may need to evaluate Clojure code in remote environments":

https://github.com/clojure/tools.nrepl

This release is the result of gathering ideas, feedback, and requirements from
dozens of people that need to have a REPL backend in a variety of environments,
and want to maximize interoperability of Clojure tooling — much of which
inevitably ends up grounding out at running or connecting to a REPL somewhere.

This release marks a thorough breaking change from every aspect the last
release of nREPL, 0.0.5.  (The rationale for this is detailed in design notes
in the project's wiki, for those that haven't followed along.)  The result is
that a design that settles a number of failings of nREPL's original design, and
which provides a number of different vectors of extensibility — similar in many
respects to those provided by Ring — that I hope people will take advantage of
to build astonishingly cool tools.

Note that pre-release versions of many Clojure tools are already using
snapshots of nREPL 0.2.0, including Counterclockwise, Leiningen, and Reply, and
as far as I know, more are on their way.

My plans for the near future are to continue to tighten up the documentation,
and release an HTTP transport: a Ring handler that exposes nREPL as an HTTP API.

If you have any questions or find some shortcoming, bug, or problem with this
release, please reply here or ping me on irc or twitter (`cemerick` in either
case).

Happy tooling,

- Chas