> Also discovered I can prefix `java -cp ...` with `rlwrap` to get back a nice
> REPL experience.

If you want to use rlwrap, check out its options like "--remember",
"-c", "-b" and "-f". Here is the script I use to run repl from the
root of the lein project:

CLOJURE_DIR=~/javalibs/clojure
LIBS=`printf "%s:" lib/*.jar | sed s/:$//`:.

if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
 exec rlwrap --remember -c -b "$breakchars" \
    -f "$CLOJURE_DIR"/.clj_completions \
     java -cp "$LIBS:src" clojure.main
else
 exec java -cp "$LIBS:src:classes" clojure.main $1 -- "$@"