Thanks a lot for the discussions/suggestions. Maybe the Clojure way,
whatever it means, will become natural to me someday. I still remember
how awkward it was for me to use Emacs (just because I could not find
another editor to do syntax highlighting for my particular file
format), and now I cannot do anything on the computer without it. You
never know. :-)