It sounds to me like you're using a plain JavaScriupt file as an externs
definition.  If that's the case, one way to get rid of the warnings is to
clean up the externs file so that it only contains the function/variable
names that are meant to be publicly used.  As an example, here's the
externs file for jquery:
https://github.com/ibdknox/jayq/blob/master/resources/externs/jquery.js .