On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Vinzent <ru.vinz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, jsql looks very much like clojureql\korma.
>
> jsql has completely different goals to ClojureQL/Korma and is mostly a
> convenience for generating the sort of SQL that the update!, insert!
> and delete! methods need under the hood (c.j.jdbc has to generate that
> SQL anyway - might as well make the methods public). The
> select/where/order-by has evolved out of our common usage at World
> Singles where we have get-by-id and find-by-keys and similar CRUD
> functions. jsql is deliberately very close to the "metal" of SQL and
> is not intended to be composable etc. Folks wanting a full-blown DSL
> should indeed use Korma (or ClojureQL).
>
>> Honetly, I wish see
>> better support for clojureql rather than new similar DSLs coming up.
>
> Lau hasn't updated ClojureQL for a while - if you want better support,
> perhaps you should approach him and contribute to that project?
> --
> Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
> An Architect's View -- http://corfield.org/
> World Singles, LLC. -- http://worldsingles.com/
>
> "Perfection is the enemy of the good."
> -- Gustave Flaubert, French realist novelist (1821-1880)

given java.jdbc's position as the sort of lower level glue all these
libraries are built on, maybe better then including a DSL in java.jdbc
would be including an AST (some data representation of sql) and a
compiler for same.

you can argue that "well code is data" so the dsl is an exposed data
representation of sql, none of the dsls are low level enough to be
targeted by any of the others.

--
And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good—