It's very application specific, but it's "Object 'test' does not have a
field named 'test1' c:/path/to/importTest", suggesting that it's not
inferring the value of an  'I' parameter which should indicate a directory
within which to search for a file called 'test' which included some trivial
code that informs my test.

I tried substituting a batch file (this is on windows) with the single line
in it, and get the same discrepency in behavior - the batch file works fine
when invoked from the shell, but fails when called with sh.  This suggest
to me that it's nothing to do with clojure's processing of the arguments.
Maybe this has something to do with how the environment is represented?

I tried printing the value of sh/*sh-env* during my call, and it was 'nil',
but in order to call the app at all, it must have some knowledge of the
PATH. Does (null *sh-env*)  then mean 'no changes to the default
environment'?