> This seems to be a common misconception (and I'm not exactly sure why).
> Clojure-py is a complete "from scratch" re-implementation of Clojure in
> Python

Didn't know that, that's pretty cool. You taking the effort to do it is
even more impressive.

> I'm going to stop here and say that I didn't mean to put out that
> clojure-py is the "end all be all implementation" of clojure.

I didn't claim you did, more that the original post might give that
impression.

> As for my day-to-day work, no I don't reach for clojure-py. Lein is an
> awesome tool, and I love working with it.

The criticism of Lein also mainly came from the original post.

I do think that there is a place for a
> low-footprint-close-to-the-metal Clojure implementation. I'm not sure if
> that's clojure-c, clojure-py, or something more akin to a native clojure
> vm, but I'd love to someday see some way where I can throw a .clj file at
> some interpreter/vm and it'll execute in < 3sec on a slower box.

 Although most of my work isn't that sensitive to startup time, I think a
lot of people do (Including Anthony, it seems). Hugely appreciate all the
effort you put in, and I'll probably try it out in the near future.