On Sep 13, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Mark Rathwell wrote:

>> If I'm right then defining your 'globals' (for lack of a
>> better word) like this would mean, among other things, that you really can't
>> have two independent Noir apps defined/running in the same project - is that
>> a correct assessment?
>
> Just out of curiosity, could you expand on what you mean here?  What
> types of situations would you need/want multiple independent Noir apps
> defined/running in the same project?

One of the great advantages of Ring (and other purely functional bits that
stack on top, like Compojure, Bishop, etc) is that its handlers are readily
composable.  Among other things, this means that way you compose handlers from
two different namespaces in the same app is fundamentally no different than the
way you compose handlers from N different applications (which can come from
different projects, maintained by different teams, etc).  Combined with
something like Compojure's nested routes[1], this is a simple and powerful way
to build modular web apps and services by default.

I presume the same can be done with two Noir apps as well, but something would
need to be done to translate or remap each app's routes so that they're not
stepping on each other's toes?  I suspect the same would apply to anything that
Noir adds imperatively to such global maps, like middleware.

Cheers,

- Chas

[1] https://github.com/weavejester/compojure/wiki/Nesting-routes