2012/10/9 Brent Millare <brent.mill...@gmail.com>

> 1. Front Page Design
>
> Currently, it looks like the front page has a bunch of miniature slides.
> Do we want the front page to mainly be the focus of advertisement and have
> a separate navigation system (aka "see all contents")? Or do we want
> navigation to be the front page. In this case, we'll need to create some
> sort of high level tree structure.

Flat navigation (a list of styles) is known to work well for docs. Wikis
and "high level trees" eventually
turn into something that is very hard to navigate. One extra click may make
a different for an online
store but for an OSS project documentation site it's OK to have it.

That said, we are open to hearing from people who are actual interaction
designers.

> 2. The advertisement page to me, has two purposes:
>   I. Provide motivation for the CDS
>   II. Provide motivation for using clojure itself
>
> These are separate but important concerns. How should we prioritize these?

I over II. II should be covered by clojure.org.

> We can also talk about adding visuals like abstract pictures that go along
> with the content.
>
> 3. Styling Design
>
> I noticed the site changes the style depending on the width, which is a
> cool feature. But I don't like the line breaking behavior of the medium
> width. I feel it might look visually better if the font size was reduced to
> preserve the lines.

CDS currently can be read easily on both desktop and tablets. We can change
font size or line heights
and see how it goes, as long as things are still readable on smaller
screens.

In general, styling *right now* is way less important than adding content.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin