2012/10/20 Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com>

> Just bringing this up as a general issue for discussion around breaking
> API changes in low-level libraries that many things may depend on.

I'd like to point out that there was 0 upfront communication about the
changes and it was not made clear in the
announcement that this release completely breaks public API (saying that
you have a new API is not enough).

I moved all clojurewerkz.org projects off of c.d.json after I saw breaking
changes that (back then) not only were not announced but
also were not mentioned in the README or anywhere else.

Note that if there were some clojure-dev posts about this, it does not
count because the majority of the ecosystem cannot
join that list and has no easy way (or motivation, honestly) to follow it.

I believe that communicating breaking changes to popular libraries loud and
clear, on this mailing list, is very important.
Twice as important for Contrib projects.

Keeping a file like [1] for every project is a must. c.d.json does have
a change log
at the bottom of README file but most Contrib projects, for example, do not.

1. https://github.com/michaelklishin/welle/blob/master/ChangeLog.md
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin