If you run your process in screen/tmux it will be attached to active TTY, it will not receive HUP signal.

Also if there would be important (any?) output from process you will see it in tmux/screen.

So either nohup it or run it in session that doesn't terminate after you exit.

HTH,
Hubert.

larry google groups wrote:

I would be happy to run it in screen but I don't understand what the advantage is. I can redirect the output to a log, without using screen, and I can automate restarts with something like Puppet or Supervisor. What do I need screen for?