I spent 3 years doing Clojure (for prod apps) in IntelliJ. 3 months ago I
switched to emacs - and would never go back.

If the idea of customizing your dev environment to automate repetitive tasks is
appealing to you, start learning emacs immediately. I deeply regret not
learning emacs earlier. If you just want to get things done and don't care too
much about your development env, stick with eclipse or IntelliJ.

Sent from my iPad