javafx.application.Application/launch is looking at the class that the
method that calls it belongs to, in this case it belongs to the IFn class
generated for the -main function, there is an arity for launch that takes
the class you want to use instead of the weird detection thing

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Christian Sperandio <
christian.speran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm testing JavaFX with Clojure 1.4 and I've got some issues.
> I wrote this code:
> (ns test-javafx2-clj.core
>   (:import javafx.application.Application
>            javafx.stage.Stage
>            (javafx.scene Parent Scene))
>
>   (:gen-class
>    :extends javafx.application.Application))
>
> (defn -main
>   "I don't do a whole lot ... yet."
>   [& args]
>   (println "Before the launch call")
>   (javafx.application.Application/launch args))
>
> (defn -start
>   [this stage]
>   (println "Arf!"))
>   ;(.setTitle stage "Hello World!"))
>
> My project.clj is the following:
> (ns test-javafx2-clj.core
>   (:import javafx.application.Application
>            javafx.stage.Stage
>            (javafx.scene Parent Scene))
>
>   (:gen-class
>    :extends javafx.application.Application))
>
> (defn -main
>   "I don't do a whole lot ... yet."
>   [& args]
>   (println "Before the launch call")
>   (javafx.application.Application/launch args))
>
> (defn -start
>   [this stage]
>   (println "Arf!"))
>   ;(.setTitle stage "Hello World!"))
>

> I build my jar with the command lein uberjar, and when I launch the
> generated jar I get this error:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error: class
> test_javafx2_clj.core$_main is not a subclass of
> javafx.application.Application
> at javafx.application.Application.launch(Application.java:211)
> at test_javafx2_clj.core$_main.doInvoke(core.clj:14)
> at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:397)
> at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:159)
> at clojure.lang.RestFn.applyTo(RestFn.java:132)
> at test_javafx2_clj.core.main(Unknown Source)
>
> It's very strange because I well wrote the
> :extends  javafx.application.Application. So, I don't understand why I've
> got this error.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Chris

And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good—
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?