All,

I have a request which I hope the members of this group are uniquely positioned
to help with. I have recently started working on a new book for The Pragmatic
Programmers with the working title "Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks"
(it follows on from their existing "Seven Languages" and "Seven Databases"
titles).

One of the approaches that I'll be covering is STM, and I'll be presenting it
in Clojure.

What I'd like to solicit are "war stories" about problems you've solved using
STM, which demonstrate the strengths of the technique over and above (say)
threads and locks.

I'm looking for real-world examples instead of presenting yet another hackneyed
atomically-make-a-bank-account-withdrawal :-)

Very many thanks in advance for your help!

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: p...@paulbutcher.com