On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Alex Baranosky <
alexander.barano...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Function values can't be read by the reader.  I'm not sure how any
> versions of this code work.

It is true that a function value can not be printed and then read back in,
but I don't think that's relevant here. The macro transforms one in-memory
list into another in-memory list structure. This doesn't involve the reader.

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM, Marko Topolnik <marko.topol...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:28:20 AM UTC+1, bsmith.occs wrote:
>>
>>> Your macro:
>>>
>>>          *(*~greeter user-name#*)*
>>>
>>> *
>>> *
>>>
>>> Is producing a list of a function or closure followed by a symbol. The
>>> first element of the list your macro builds must instead be an expression
>>> that can be evaluated to a function. (For example a symbol naming a
>>> function or an (fn [] ...) expression.)
>>>

>> This doesn't help to explain how come it fails only for closures. Does it
>> mean that, when it works, it works by accident?
>>
>> -Marko

Yes, I would *guess* that it works "by accident".