Hi all,

I couldn't find any implementations of union-find[1] for Clojure, so I
wrote one. It's a persistent rendition of the disjoint-set forest
implementation by Tarjan, including the union-by-rank and path compression
optimizations. It acts like a native Clojure collection, as well as
supporting the union and get-canonical operations given by the union-find
algorithm.

It's available with usage instructions on GitHub (
https://github.com/jordanlewis/data.union-find) and Clojars (
https://clojars.org/org.jordanlewis/data.union-find).

Why is this useful? Briefly, union-find allows you to keep track of a
universe of elements organized into a number of disjoint sets. It
efficiently supports the operations of adding new elements as singleton
sets to the universe, "modifying" the universe by unioning two sets
together, and determining which set contains a particular element within
the universe.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Jordan Lewis