Anyone else running a production website with Clojure in Heroku and
struggling with boot time problems? After digging through our logs
from the past month, I've noticed it's not uncommon to have a dyno
crashed for awhile because of boot time problems. It seems especially
likely when dynos are cycling once/day - I'm guessing because of
additional delays in picking up latest snapshot dependencies.

Has anyone else run into this problem and has a bright idea? I have
already verified we're using lein compile :all at deploy (by virtue of
being on lein2), running in the production profile, and I am working
on removing those snapshot dependencies. I've checked the app for
obvious bottlenecks like web/DB/IO requests during initialization with
no luck. We don't have a ton of code or dependencies right now, so I'm
a bit skeptical that we can remain on Heroku as we grow. As a last
resort, I suppose we could try a proxy bound to a Unix socket as in
https://github.com/dblock/heroku-forward but I'd rather avoid that if
possible.

If not advice specifically in the context of pleasing Heroku, advice
on troubleshooting slow app init times generally would also be
welcome. I've done some minimal code benchmarking in Clojure
previously, but never specifically towards resolving time-to-init.

Thanks,
-SP