No, I haven't but to be honest switching vms is not really a solution...even if it didn't happen my cpu is 64-bit and Ideally i'd like to take advantage of it, wouldn't you? Are you sort of implying that this is a Java/JDK issue and not a clojure one?

Larry are using reducers or ^:const ??? I'll try my code with some alpha clojure 1.5 ( I remember having no problems whatsoever) and I'l egt back to you probably tomorrow morning...This seems really serious and since someone else is encountering it there is no reason to hold back investigating...

Jim