larry google groups <lawrencecloj...@gmail.com> writes:

> Any suggestion, no matter how far fetched, will be welcome. I am
> ignorant about the JVM so I am having trouble debugging this problem.

>             java -jar kiosk.clj 30000

These are weird (.clj vs .jar), but since you say whatever you actually
ran worked...

>             Then I gave the app to the sysadmin, and he tried to spin
>             it up on another server, and on startup he got the error:
>
>             Could not find or load main class –jar

I’m guessing encoding error.  In fact, if that error is a direct
copy-paste from either the exact error or what you sent the sysadmin, it
completely explains it.  Your `-` character in `-jar` above is in fact
`-` (en-dash), which is causing `java` to search the classpath for a
class named `–jar`.

-Marshall