Hi all,

It looks like Rich has selected an approach to addressing *read-eval*, #=, and
related issues.  The sands may still be shifting a bit, but far less than e.g.
earlier this week.  With that in mind, I thought it might be helpful to point
to three authoritative messages from the clojure-dev ML that describe various
relevant changes and additions coming in 1.5.0.  The first one contains a
summary of the general principles involved, but note that the "default mode"
described therein didn't last, as described in the second message:

http://groups.google.com/group/clojure-dev/msg/786c689b596bb6a3
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure-dev/msg/f299efc525f096e2
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure-dev/msg/8b572b8ebaba2ff5

Most relevant to the tactical concern of this thread (the default value of
*read-eval* and its implications) is the new ability to set that default via a
Java system property.

Hopefully the above satiates anyone yearning for news on this topic until the
1.5.0 changelog is updated to reflect the relevant changes.

Finally, I just wanted to thank everyone, for your attention, energy,
enthusiasm, and brilliance.  It's an honor to be among you.

Cheers,

- Chas