Hi,

given a vector of the form

 [:key1 1 2 3 :key2 4 :key3 5 6 7]

I wand to create a map collecting the items behind each keyword as a vector
like this:

 {:key1 [1 2 3]
  :key2 [4]
  :key3 [5 6 7]}

I have already written two functions which achieve this, but neither of them
"feels good" and I am interested in more elegant and idiomatic solutions.

(defn keycollect-partition [coll]
  (->> coll
       (partition-by keyword?)      ; bundle at key
       (partition 2)                ; kw + its arg
       (map (fn [[[sec] arg]] [sec (vec arg)])) ; destruct the mess
       (into {})))                 ; make it a map

(defn keycollect-reduce [coll]
  (apply zipmap
         (reduce
          (fn [ac x]
            (if (keyword? x)
              [(conj (first ac) x) (conj (second ac) [])]
              (update-in ac [1 (dec (count (first ac)))] conj x))) [[] []]
              coll)))

Added complexity: My original vector does not yet contain keywords, but I
construct them in a map regexp-matching each item and creating a keyword from
the first group of the match.

Any pointers or ideas appreciated.

Regards,
Stefan