what version of clojure are you using? I doubt line #100 of main is the
correct line in server.clj, the content of the stacktrace looks more like
https://github.com/clojure/tools.nrepl/blob/master/src/main/clojure/clojure/tools/nrepl/server.clj#L146,
what version of nrepl?

https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/src/jvm/clojure/lang/Compiler.java#L7504has
a comment that sort of explains why the compiler generates stub
classes, this sort of looks like the name of the stub is not getting
unmunged somewhere.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM, AtKaaZ <atk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the stacktrace points here:
> https://github.com/clojure/tools.nrepl/blob/master/src/main/clojure/clojure/tools/nrepl/server.clj#L100
> but that's all I got:)
>

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Ben Evans
> <benjamin.john.ev...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> lein repl is crashing on OpenJDK 8 consistently for me, with this error:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException:
>> clojure.tools.nrepl.server.Server cannot be cast to
>> compile__stub.clojure.tools.nrepl.server.Server
>>         at clojure.tools.nrepl.server.Server.valAt(server.clj:100)
>>         at clojure.lang.KeywordLookupSite$1.get(KeywordLookupSite.java:45)
>>         at user$eval966.invoke(NO_SOURCE_FILE:1)
>>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6511)
>>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6501)
>>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6477)
>>         at clojure.core$eval.invoke(core.clj:2797)
>>         at clojure.main$eval_opt.invoke(main.clj:297)
>>         at clojure.main$initialize.invoke(main.clj:316)
>>         at clojure.main$null_opt.invoke(main.clj:349)
>>         at clojure.main$main.doInvoke(main.clj:427)
>>         at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:421)
>>         at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:419)
>>         at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:163)
>>         at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:532)
>>         at clojure.main.main(main.java:37)
>>
>> Is there someone out there with better knowledge of Clojure's
>> internals than me who would like to spend some cycles working with me
>> to try to get to the bottom of this?
>>
>> I have a Mac build of OpenJDK 8 which reproduces the problem, and can
>> bring my knowledge of JVM internals to the party. If you were in
>> London & could collaborate face-face, so much the better.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> --
>> --
>> ---
>> "Clojure" group.

> Please correct me if I'm wrong or incomplete,
> even if you think I'll subconsciously hate it.
>
>  --

And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good—
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?