Hi,

I was looking at http://clojure.org/cheatsheet to find something I could use
for getting an index of specific
item in the string / vector. It looks like `.indexOf` / `.lastIndexOf
(http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html#lastIndexOf%28java.lang.String%29)`
 are officially suggested options.

I would prefer to avoid backend specific API like these (as I intend to compile
to lua) and was wondering if it's reasonable
to open issue requesting clojure native equivalents. I'd also be happy to
provide patches to do it.

Regards
--
Irakli Gozalishvili