I meant to post this as a reply
to https://groups.google.com/d/msg/clojure/jYfEKVH5GsQ/3Hq5hU0u6UQJ

In my case i am trying to get clojure working with netty 4, here is the
code:

(def #^AbstractBootstrap b (ServerBootstrap.))
(.channel
^AbstractBootstrap<https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/master/transport/src/main/java/io/netty/bootstrap/AbstractBootstrap.java#L84>b
 ^Class io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel)

which returns the error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't call public method of non-public
class: public io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap
io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.channel(java.lang.Class)
 at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeMatchingMethod (Reflector.java:88)

why does it still use the reflector even though its fully annotated, and
how do i get over that non-public class issue?..