On 15 Mar 2013, at 09:23, Marko Topolnik <marko.topol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not about bureaucracy --- it's about API contract,

Quite.

> you must preserve laziness whenever applicable, but you may not take
> advantage of it by assuming any guarantees.

Erm - I certainly hope that this isn't true. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to
write:

(take 10 (repeatedly 0))

Because, without *some* guarantees, it might never terminate and/or consume all
memory.

Of course, the only guarantee that this requires is the one that you mentioned
in your earlier mail, that there will be *some* upper bound to how much of the
sequence is realised. But it would be nice if there was an official statement
to that end somewhere.

And if there are other guarantees that can be relied upon, it would be nice to
know what they were...

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: p...@paulbutcher.com