For those who don't know the concepts (aka me) can we get a working example
of what can be done ? I'm having a strange feeling that ontologies(although
I've never heard the word/idea before except from you) might be something
similar to what I am searching for...

Possibly an example that showcases everything that can be done ? though
that might be too much to ask, or perhaps suggest a link url to something
that might help (me) understand ?

Thanks.